Monday I wrote 5 Things I Love About Myself. Today is all about what my body can do.
- I can inspire works of art. As a figure model I can hold poses for hours on end while artists create drawings, paintings, and sculptures of my classical form. I can also get pretty creative with quick gesture poses.
- I can (hypothetically) grow, birth, and feed a human being. I don’t plan on doing this for a long long time, but it’s cool to think I have an awesome superpower in waiting.
- I can communicate without talking. I can go for weeks without talking, so long as I’m around folks who know American Sign Language. I pick up language really quickly and I’ve been asked by deaf people on several different occasions if I’m deaf as well. (Which is equivalent to a native speaker asking if this is your first language.)
- I can toss flags and rifles. A bit out of practice, but I can still whip out a double 45 on my flag or a fishtail on my rifle.
- I can perform really well. I can match my facial expressions and body movements really well to the tone of music I’m performing to. In colorguard I never needed to be told to play up my face more. In fact a few times I was told to tone it down. Performing is one of my absolute favorite things to do. (I need to get into an adult dance program soon.)